Happy 14th, My Love!!

I can’t wait to spend the day with you tomorrow. :)

I love our wedding anniversary. It’s so funny, though. Everyone was worried it would rain too much for our outdoor reception and the whole day ended up smokin’ hot. I had a beautiful Cinderella dress with a high collar and lots of hand crocheted appliqueing. My mother did the most beautiful job. It was hot though. I want to add pics but that will have to wait until my scanner works. :)

This year might be the rain, though. lol I’ve written a lot about how we met, started dating and got married in the archives. But to recap, we were 19, had dated two and a half years and didn’t know it, but were to have our Miracle Child by the end of the year.

Does anyone have a fascinating anniversary or wedding story to share? Answer in the comments and in the spirit of the holiday I will give away 3 copies of Betrayed!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Jamie

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter

2752 / 110,000
(0.025%)

7 comments to “Happy 14th, My Love!!”

1. Ro
     · April 15th, 2008 at 11:23 pm · Link

Happy 14th! It’s great to be able to be with the man of your dreams for 14 beautiful years! My husband surprised me one day by working it out with my boss many, many years ago, for me to get off early so he could surprise me. I was super surprised to see that he had made the most perfect lunch as we talked and cuddled in the park. Very special day. I hope you get to do something extra special, too. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

2. Alexis Morgan
     · April 16th, 2008 at 6:05 am · Link

Happy Anniversary! My hubby and I just celebrated our 34th by going to a Bruce Sprinsteen concert. Spending the evening with the Boss and the E Street Band was a rockin’ way to celebrate together!

3. Katherine Allred
     · April 16th, 2008 at 6:38 am · Link

Happy Anniversary, Jamie! Hubby and I have been married 41 years. When we wed, he was in basic training in the army, stationed in El Paso, TX. We were married by a Justice of the Peace, my maid of honor and best man were the wives of my husbands friends and I’d never met them before that day. After the ceremony hubby got restricted to the base and I spent my wedding night with the two women, arguing about religion. LOL On the bright side, 200 troopers had to kiss the bride. My cheek was sore for a week after that.

Katherine

4. Ann Roth
     · April 16th, 2008 at 7:46 am · Link

Happy anniversary, Jamie!! Fourteen years is great! My husband and I used to always revisit the same restaurant where we celebrated our first anniversary, which after umpteen years has gone downhill. So now we try various restaurants and then see a movie or a show. We celebrate in a bigger way by traveling, but usually not on the date of our anniversary. For our 20th we drove down to the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, OR and saw several plays over two days. (Now we go every year!) Stuff like that.
    Whatever you do, congratulate yourselves on 14 years. These days, that’s quite a feat. :-)

5. Ali
     · April 16th, 2008 at 12:05 pm · Link

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband, Jamie :)
    I just started a relationship with my current bf, so no stories to tell right now *g* I can tell you that we met because of a romance author signing *bg*

6. DH
     · April 16th, 2008 at 12:07 pm · Link

Hey BaBy!! Wow 14 Years! How the time has flown by. I know I always joke about how it’s only seemed like 14 minutes….with my head held under water, but in truth you are still like that first breath of air when I’ve held my breath for as long as I can. which is not very long. I cannot tell you how much I Love you and how much you mean to me. I hope today is a great day for you and will thoroughly enjoy every moment with you.

Love
    Me

7. Vicky Burkholder
     · April 16th, 2008 at 1:30 pm · Link

Happy 14th! I’m celebrating my 35th this year. Yes, you read that right – 35 years with the same great guy – and each year has been better than the last. We’ve gotten to the point where we don’t do much in the way of big celebrations, but this year may be different. Might take a trip or do something wild and outrageous. All I know is I want to spend at least the next 35 with him too.

Vicky B